Friday, September 19, 2008

Jacob Lake Labor Day

We took a camping trip over Labor Day weekend to Jacob Lake. It was a blast and a great get away. When can you ever pass up a trip away from home, doing the things we love; camping, Rhino'ing, spending time with family and friends. The Holt family (Scott, Shareen, Desi, Josh & Nikki), my parents, and my sister and her two kids joined us as well. We stayed at full hook up camping place and it has really tall pine trees. We had two days of raining days, and took a quick trip to the Grand Canyon. It was nice to see the "Big hole in the ground" as Braden liked to call it. But the cloud cover didn't really show the beauty of it all. We will have to take a trip back to explore that again!
Shane was the only BRAVE one of our famiily to climb to the top of this Look Out Tower. It was 80 Feet high and he went up with Papa Scott. I tried to climb up, but couldn't get past the woobling of the stairs as I was going up. Not to mention, I think I am a little afraid of hights. Kevin is worse then me of heights, but I had no idea that I would be effected too! He didn't even try!

This is on their way up to the tippy top. The picture above I think is Shane's head. Desi and Josh & Nikki made it too. Shane thought it was soo cool, but once he was on the ground he looked a little pale.

Here are some randon picutes of some of the events that took place on our trip.
  1. Many fun treasure hunts Geo Caching with Papa Ron & Gramma Bonnie
  2. Shane climbing the 80 foot tower
  3. Shane found a horny toad and kept it for a day
  4. Many miles of fun Rhino rides
  5. Placing the 1st Geo Cach for my parents in a "Stump"
  6. The Jacob Lake that isn't (no picture)
  7. The little cabin we found
  8. Sitting by the fire roasting marshmellos
  9. Watching movies on the side of the trailer with the projector

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Now we are REALLY bummed we had to miss this! The boys would have LOVED climbing that tower with Shane. It looks like a great time. I hope you will invite us again.